- Ebonized Boxwood & Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished with solid lacquer and buffing wheel
- King Height: 3.875"
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 3 oz.
- Chess Set Weight: 56 oz.
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Billiard Cloth Pads
- Recommended Chess Board Size: 2.125" - 2.25" Squares (not included)
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
The Perfect Chess Set
This set was originally designed for the 1950 Chess Olympiad held in Dubrovnik,Yugoslavia and if I had to choose only one chess set for play it would be the ‘Zagreb’ set. I have had mine for several years and it is the only one I use whether at home on my chess table or at the club. It’s currently available on sale at The Chess Store for $69.95. If you are looking for a nice wooden set, slightly unique but at the same time one that is acceptable for tournament play, this is the one!